Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Free at Last

The quarter-long prep class for sophomores taking the California High School Exit Exam had its last meeting today, and I couldn't be more relieved. It was a grind.

Some of the kids were sweet, but some of them were very difficult. Attention spans like goldfish. I was talked into doing this by one of the APs, and enough years had gone by since I had done something like this that I'd forgotten how exasperating it is.

We met four days a week (Fridays off, thank God!), and at the end of that hour, I was so exhausted, I went straight home.

Besides, I miss the kids hanging out after school. I hadn't realized how pleasnat that is intill it stopped. Now most of them have gotten out of the habit, though some still show up on Fridays. I wonder how long it will take to re-establish the old pattern. Heh: I might be surprised by how quickly they come back.

No comments: