Friday, February 23, 2007

Curtain Rises

My student teacher to be has hijacked my class this week to do a very creative lesson on Julius Caesar. Productions companies with directors, actors, sound effects people, artists. It's been controlled chaos all week (sometimes no so controlled). A whirlwind of activity, with us conferencing during my prep. period, doing on the fly adjustments, creating assessment tools, etc. And this doesn't count the two dozen e-mails that have been traded leading up to this, putting me in the place of consultant on retainer. I guess I'd better get used to it: she wants to be my student teacher in the fall, and I want that, too.

Today the kids presented their altered (modernized into a current storytelling genre) scenes of the assassination of Caesar. The kids' performances were actually good, and the effort they'd put into their work was apparent. There is another class to go today, so we'll see how it goes.

One thing is for sure: I don't have the energy to live at this level on a consistent basis.

No comments: