Monday, April 02, 2007

The Best Laid Plans…

I took my students into the computer lab so that they could upload their book projects to the internet. But of course, there were "technical problems," which in this case means that the printer in the lab was down. Since they needed to print out a hard copy for me so that I can look them over and give grades.

Without the functioning printer, they had to save copies to disc, and now they'll have to figure out a time to get back into the lab, access the website, copy their text in, print the preview page (the thing I'm after), and bring it to me.

The end of the quarter is this Friday. Hopefully, the network printer will be on-line before then. In the meantime, I might have to just take their Word documents, which kind of defeats the whold purpose of the internet publication.

Frustrating.

No comments: