Friday, December 03, 2010

Random Stats

By this coming June, these numbers will be accurate (some numbers are estimates):

3,150 young minds moving through my sphere of influence. (Will be over 5,000 by career's end).

About 1,200 serious, typed, double-spaced, big-points essays torturously written and torturously read.

650 Friday afternoons at my desk listening to the laughter and shouting slowly fade from the campus, after the last bell.

4 serious fist-fights in my room.

Fifty-five readings of the play "The Diary of Anne Frank" (I can still quote lines verbatim).

One cup of coffee laced with Ex-Lax.

~ 7,500 items collected (the majority bought with student money) in the form of canned food, raised for the local food bank.

~150 football games attended (I've missed a few).

3 blown overhead projector bulbs.

One dropped and destroyed laptop computer.

A file full of thank-you notes, cards, and letters.

3,240 recitations of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Fifty-four photographs on my wall, and in my desk organizer, all scrawled on the back with well-wishes from thoughtful students who don't want to be forgotten.

And I'm not even 2/3 the way done.

No comments: