Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sharing is Caring

It's the occupational hazzard of teachers everywhere.

175 kids come through my room daily. Some of them are sick. The first assault force of thirty-five arrives at seven-thirty AM. They exhale, cough and sniff, then leave. Another wave of virus-infested students come in to exhale, cough and sniff. Naturally, they leave some of their disease behind. Very little covering of mouths. They leave, I stay.

Some of those air-borne germs have found their way into my respiratory system. Woke Saturday with a hoarse throat. By this morning it had campainged strongly and put my immune system on the defensive. I spent most of the day today on the couch, sipping juice, surfing the 'net (gotta love the laptop), and slipping in and out of uncomfortable naps.

Tomorrow, I'll rely on my tried-and-true method getting through the day sick: large doses of Alka-Seltzer Plus and caffein.

1 comment:

zoe xx said...

Teaching 5 year olds is pretty bad! Try vitamin C and zinc as a preventative - and get well soon