Thursday, October 04, 2007

Save a Seat for Me in the Future

So here I am, sitting at It's a Grind coffee shop (free coupon: how could I resist?) updating my classroom website using the free wi-fi (take that, Starbucks: you just lost my sit-n-surf sessions, because you require a not-so-free T-Mobile account. I've been thinking hard about it, and free is better) and adjusting my PowerPoint presentation to give to parents at Back-to-School night in a couple of hours, checking for student e-mail (okay, and seeing if I have any new matches on LonelyHearts.com).

Teaching just ain't what it used to be. Pretty soon students will tele-commute to school from home to get their assignments, while I sit here at the coffee shop all day, over-caffeinating and over-sconing. Naw: the human element will continue. I'm fairly irreplaceable, I figure; at least for the immediate future.

Gotta run: it's going to be coffee, cookies and jazz in my room to welcome parents, and I have to stop by Smart & Final to buy some Columbian Supremo and set up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness!!! my mom and I (and possibly Jessy) were thinking that we should secretly sign you up for an online dating site. but it looks like you already found one! Congratulations! We're all very proud of you! Hopefully we can all go out on double dates sometime! haha...the whole Gaudy family...that would be funny. Me, Albert (my boyfriend), Jessy and Joey (her boyfriend) my mom and dad, you and your significant other! haha, well I have to get ready for work! I love my job! it's the bestestestest job ever!
keep in touch.
Sara Gaudy

Mr. Coulter said...

You got punked: that was a joke, and you believed it. Yeah, I was making fun of myself.

Job, boyfriend: a lot of newness in our brand-new high school graduate. A lot of growing, too, I'll bet. Take off that cap 'n gown, and the world looks different all of a sudden.

Good to hear from you, but your dreams of double-dating may have to wait, if you're waiting for me. I've had friends try to "help" me before (it's always women: can't be happy unless everyone they know "has someone." Men just leave you alone). But don't you dare create a ghost account in my name. I'll never forgive any of you, and won't come to your weddings!